Sunday, August 11, 2013

JESUS Believes In Me Even When I Don't Believe In HIM! John 14:5-12

JESUS Believes In Me Even When I Don't Believe In HIM! John 14:5-12

John 14:5-12

Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
Thomas said, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. The only way to the Father is through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father too. But now you know the Father. You have seen him.”
Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father. That is all we need.”
Jesus answered, “Philip, I have been with you for a long time. So you should know me. Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father too. So why do you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The things I have told you don’t come from me. The Father lives in me, and he is doing his own work.11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or believe because of the miracles I have done.
12 “I can assure you that whoever believes in me will do the same things I have done. And they will do even greater things than I have done, because I am going to the Father.



Recently, I was in Sichuan, China working with a group of English teachers on a project during a Teacher's Conference.  

The teachers didn't know me very well and they had to create an 8 minute play for a contest.  The play had to have a song, a story and a Title.  It was supposed to be in English and they only had about 6 hours to develop it, rehearse it and create costumes, make-up, music and other technical aspects to make their performance GREAT!!!

I tried to give them instructions but they didn't know me...so it took a long time for them to put together their presentation!

All in all, at the performance night they did a great job and they won a special award for their presentation...but imagine what would have happened had we worked better together!


--In John 14:5-12 we see Jesus answering questions that his disciples have.  The disciples didn't really understand JESUS, but he had an authority about Him and a goodness that had the disciples ENRAPTURED in love with him. They couldn't leave HIM for they knew HE had the words of LIFE!


So JESUS was around all of these beautiful people that were going through the hardships of life; similarly, to me being around all of these beautiful teachers in Sichuan, China.

There was nothing I could better than encouraging the teachers I met that they were valuable and important and lovely.

Jesus he gives HIS disciples a message of love that HE has shown them the Father and that everything that they love about JESUS is also what the Father is like in Heaven.

Then JESUS gives them the BLOCKBUSTER NEWS!  Because they BELIEVE in JESUS then they will do things like JESUS and change the world!


JESUS loves me so much and is entrusting me with incredible opportunities to bring healing and change to my world in Hong Kong and China!

HE wants you to know that HE BELIEVES in YOU and has given you the POWER and the LOVE to bring HEALING TO THE NATIONS and change your world!

LOVE JESUS and talk to HIM every day!  HE IS YOUR AWESOME FRIEND!
YES, HE REALLY DOES CARE FOR YOU AND HAS GIVEN YOU A GREAT FUTURE!


YOUR FUTURE BEGINS NOW!

God Bless You!

Pastor Ken Harley :-)
kharley@gmail.com
iwirehk.webs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment