Thursday, August 15, 2013

John 14:18-21--JESUS SAYS: 'YOU ARE NOT ORPHANS--YOU ARE MY INSIDE CIRCLE OF LOVE AND TRUST!'

John 14:18-21--JESUS SAYS: 'YOU ARE NOT ORPHANS--YOU ARE MY INSIDE CIRCLE OF LOVE AND TRUST!'

John 14:18-21

New International Version (NIV)
18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”
 In this Bible passage we see that JESUS is preparing HIS People for him being crucified.  He tells them that they are not being left by JESUS and Father.  He doesn't want them to feel like spiritual orphans.  He wants them to know that there is a plan and Father has commanded JESUS to do what HE is about to do.
 Have you ever felt like you were not part of the team at a church, job, or some type of group? I sure have.  I remember one time my boss said that I wouldn't be allowed to go to a certain company party because it was only for his level of managers and I wasn't invited. It hurt for me to not be invited to the party.  Most of us want to be part of the party.  We don't want to be left out and considered not welcome.
 In churches, it can hurt even more when the leaders of a church can go away to a nice hotel or conference grounds for a planning meeting and you and I can't go because we are just regular people. It hurts because we all want to be accepted as a family in JESUS and we find that in our church life there is a hierarchy and we aren't part of the beautiful people.
 See, this is the best part of relationship with JESUS! He has not made any orphans or second-class citizens of Heaven.  HE has made us part of the inner circle of love and trust with Father, Holy Spirit and all the Elders and Angels of Heaven.  We are part of a team, we are never rejected, we are always able to meet and receive counsel from JESUS. We are shiny, happy people through JESUS.  We are part of a relationship with JESUS that never ends and is always fresh and new every morning!
 So, what do we do with this information?  
1) We ask our leaders at church how we can become leaders and develop.
2) We pray to JESUS for giving us a direction for what HE wants us to do in our life?
3) We look in the mirror every day and thank JESUS that HE has made us part of his loving Circle of Trust and to help us to be able to encourage others that they are lovely parts of God also!
 God Bless You!

Have a wonderful start to your weekend!

Pastor Ken Harley :-)
iwirehk.webs.com
kharley@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment