Monday, August 12, 2013

Three Ways Jesus Physically Heals Today?

I went to the doctor today because my ears and chest were congested and I had diarrhea.  Someone told me the other day that if I am sick then I must be in sin, or have a demon, or maybe God doesn't heal today and that I am a liar.

Hebrews 13:8 says:
 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and for ever.

Jesus told us in Mark 16 that we will disciple people with the Good News of God and signs will follow, such as healing, as God's Kingdom is revealed to the world through us! Imagine that!!!


 So...I got a lot of medicine and I am taking medicine and feeling a little better.  That is a good thing! 

I used to work for a healthcare company in America and I heard a lot of complaints that the doctors didn't do a good job with patients.  I started to not want to go to the doctor because I lost faith in doctors.  However, when I came to Hong Kong I started getting boils on my body that became large and painful.  Someone told me it was because I was a sinner and another person said that I was attacked by demons because I lived in China and told people that Jesus loved them when I was there.

But--I got the boils because God wanted me to be loved by the people of Hong Kong.  In my tenth month here in Hong Kong I was in so much pain from a boil that I went to my local doctor. He told me to go to Princess Margaret's hospital.  Within 6 hours I was in the operating room and they cut my boil and put in a long draining channel to get rid of the poison. I was in the hospital for two days and then I went home by taxi alone.  I went back to work after three weeks and three months after daily surgery visits to change my bandage, I was released from doctor's care.  What did I learn from this experience?  I learned that Hong Kong people could love me and care for me and I learned to go to the doctor for natural medical care.  I was not sick with a demon or because of my sin.  I was sick because God wanted me to be loved by the people of Hong Kong. (By the way...the boils haven't come back since! Thank you Jesus!)

We teach that God heals three ways when we pray for healing:

1) God will heal us immediately and miraculously.
2) God will heal us through natural means with the help of a doctor.
3) God will heal us completely by taking us home to heaven!

so...When you are sick never think you are being punished or attacked by a demon.  You are loved and protected our Father.  So...according to the Bible--have someone pray for your healing and then wait for Holy Spirit to work.  Go to the doctor and pray for how you should receive your healing!

God Bless!
Pastor Ken Harley
kharley@gmail.com
iwirehk.webs.com



No comments:

Post a Comment