Wednesday, August 14, 2013

John 14:15---“If you love me, keep my commands."--LOVE JESUS :-) How we can meditate on the Word of God!

John 14:15---“If you love me, keep my commands."--LOVE JESUS :-)
John 14:15---“If you love me, keep my commands."--LOVE JESUS :-)
John 14:15---“If you love me, keep my commands."--LOVE JESUS :-)

What is my goal for writing this BLOG?  Here it is:
I want to return to JESUS!  I want to know HIM more and I want to show HIM more through my life and through the Bible!

These blogs are where you and I are on a journey together to learn more and more about JESUS!

Christianity is not about ideas or things to do or morals on how we live!  Christianity is where we have a relationship with the God Creator of all the Universe!

So...when JESUS tells us to keep HIS Commands...then we must try!

We don't keep God's Commandments to show that we love JESUS.  We keep HIS Commads because HE knows what is best for us and what we need to avoid so that we can truly be happy!

Psalm 119:11

New International Version (NIV)
11 I have hidden your word in my heart
    that I might not sin against you.

Have you ever tried to read the Bible with JESUS? You choose a passage and then talk to HIM and wait and see what you think HE says about the passage or how the passage applies to your life.

Let's try it now:

We will use a verse from Proverbs.  I am using this verse from Proverbs because there are 31 chapters in Proverbs and every day you can read a chapter or a few verses and then pray them through and talk them through with JESUS!  As you keep practicing this, you will learn more and more how to have relationship with JESUS and you will also learn how to keep HIS COMMANDS!

Loving JESUS doesn't mean that you do what he says or HE will take back his love; rather, loving JESUS means that the more we know about what HE thinks and values, the better we will follow JESUS!


HERE is the scripture:

Proverbs 27:14

Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
14 Don’t wake up your neighbors early in the morning with a shout of “Good morning!” They will treat it like a curse, not a blessing.

So here is a 5-Step Process on How We can talk to JESUS about things we read in the Bible:

1) Read the verse.  Pray and wait and read the verse 5 times.  This step should take about 5 minutes.

2) Ask Jesus for his input on what you think what the verse means.  Pray and wait.  This step should take another 5 minutes.

3) Ask Jesus why you chose to read this verse.  We don't always learn the Bible until we need to learn it for some reason? Wait another 5 minutes.

4) Ask JESUS if there is something that should be done because you read this verse? Pray and wait.  Wait another 5 Minutes.

5) Now spend the rest of your time thanking JESUS, worshipping HIM and resting in HIS PRESENCE!


So, what did I get from this verse?

I got that I need to think more about my neighbors and pray for them.

I need to be a better neighbor and I need to be available if they want to talk and tell me their troubles.

Now I want to rest in JESUS and thank HIM for always walking with me and talking with me and telling me I am HIS OWN!



Here is my family's favorite hymn that talks about walking and talking with JESUS:

Verse 1:
I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.

Refrain
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.
He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.

Refrain
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.
He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.

Verse 2:
I’d stay in the garden with Him
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.

Here is a youtube video of Alan Jackson singing this world famous Hymn:


No comments:

Post a Comment