Friday, August 9, 2013

Why I don't need alcohol?

Why I don't need alcohol?

I have a couple reasons:

1) I have the freedom to drink alcohol. The Bible says it is ok for a little wine for the stomach's sake and strong drink is great for those in extreme pain.
 However, Proverbs tells us that alcohol can make Kings forget justice and then all kinds of wrongness and sin can be allowed with an absence of a leader being aware of what is going on around him or her!

2) I don't like the alcohol taking over my sense of awareness and control of my body.  I prefer to keep my awareness.  If I am aware of God all of the time then I can help those around me.  Drinking to be less aware, to escape, to relax, or to get drunk robs me of the ability to shine Jesus' Love to the world.

I can drink any time I want but I should never be drunk; instead I should be filled with the Spirit and be aware of how to help others.

3) I don't drink because my family didn't handle alcohol well.  From accidents leading to death to an uncle that became homeless and was murdered on the street.  Alcohol is not good for my family and never good for me!

4) I am blessed! Jesus  has made me to have fun with others and to sing and dance!  I may not be the best, but I don't need alcohol to have fun!

5) I find that lots of people go drinking after work and then gossip and tell their complaints about their job.  That is negative and hurtful to many when this happens combined with alcohol.  The Bible says to pray for our leaders and to avoid gossip and being hurtful with what we say!

Be careful about drinking!  But do rest in The Lord for we all need to be refreshed!

God Bless You!

Pastor Ken Harley :-)












No comments:

Post a Comment