Sunday, August 11, 2013

Starbucks is a place where Holy Spirit can work! A Starbucks' Morning with Mother and God! Psalms 5:1-3


THIS IS A CLASSIC MORNING PRAYER FROM THE PSALMS:

Psalm 5  King James Version (KJV)

Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation.
Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.
My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
This psalm was made into a popular Christian song when I was a boy and I learned to sing the Bible through singing this Bible Verse and I also learned that every morning was a new day for me to start fresh with God!

This morning (August 12, 2013), I was starting to feel sick and I had to run to the bathroom three times before 8:00am.  Before Mother and I went to breakfast at Starbucks, I took my laundry to the laundry service and got a Monster Energy drink because it seems to settle my stomach with the Ginseng in it.

Then I met Mother and we missed the bus, so we caught a taxi to the Tung Chung MTR to not be late, as...


Mother was actually meeting another lady for a prayer breakfast at Starbucks, but I sat with Mother until the other lady arrived to cool off and because I didn't feel well or awake.

Mother started eating her meat pie and she couldn't finish it, so she gave it to me.  I ate half of it and that was our breakfast!

We talked for a while about life and asked questions about the meaning of what we are doing in living life here in Hong Kong.

Then I told her what I needed to do today and asked for prayer.  Mother's friend arrived and we chatted for a few minutes and then I left them so they could fellowship and pray for one another.

Starbucks is a place where the Holy Spirit can work. It has good quality food for a medium to low price.  The chairs are mostly comfortable and most people don't mind if two people hold hands, close their eyes and quietly pray for one another.

I guess you can tell I like having church in public places like coffee bars!


Don't let anyone tell you that Starbucks is evil! Holy Spirit started the early church teaching in public at the very beginning and Holy Spirit still ministers in public places.

HERE IS A TIP:

1) If you want to minister in a public coffee bar...pay and rent the room!  Don't get kicked out for trying to take over the business for God.  Just rent the room and then you can have a meeting and get free coffee.

2) Be friendly and respectful to all workers at a public place.  If you do that and become their friend then they will want for you to pray for them and their friends in the public place.

3) Don't let the Starbucks logos make you think that the place is a place of goddesses and Satan.  Holy Spirit will touch more people for Himself and bring more people to JESUS no matter what the logo is for the company.

4) The Bible commands us to pray for those in authority around us.  Never judge people and try to punish the manager at the Starbucks.  Instead, why don't you do something nice for the manager at Starbucks and buy him or her a coffee!!!

God Bless You!

Wake up every morning knowing that Jesus is with you!

Pastor Ken Harley :-)
kharley@gmail.com
iwirehk.webs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment