Friday, August 16, 2013

Wisdom Can Produce Riches and Building Great Infrastructure! Will it make you happy?




Wisdom Can Produce Riches and the Building of Great Infrastructures! Will it make you happy?

King Solomon is attributed to writing the Book of Ecclesiastes.  In the book he explored what it was like to have the Gift of Wisdom from God.
In this blog I will look at two passages from the Book of Ecclesiastes to answer the question:

Wisdom Can Produce Riches and Building Great Infrastructure! Will it make you happy?

Ecclesiastes 2:4-11:

Solomon built great things like buildings in Hong Kong.  He built houses and grew every crop to be abundant in every food.  He bought slaves and had a harem.  He was wise in how to manage his great wealth but he wasn't happy.

 I undertook great projects: I built houses for myself and planted vineyards. I made gardens and parks and planted all kinds of fruit trees in them. I made reservoirs to water groves of flourishing trees. I bought male and female slaves and had other slaves who were born in my house. I also owned more herds and flocks than anyone in Jerusalem before me. I amassed silver and gold for myself, and the treasure of kings and provinces. I acquired male and female singers, and a harem as well—the delights of a man’s heart. I became greater by far than anyone in Jerusalem before me.In all this my wisdom stayed with me.

Solomon did everything that felt wise and he found that he wasn't satisfied.  He could have all of the gold and silver and finances in the world. He could build the seven wonders of the world and he would never be happy!

Verses 10-11:
10 I denied myself nothing my eyes desired;
    I refused my heart no pleasure.
My heart took delight in all my labor,
    and this was the reward for all my toil.
11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done
    and what I had toiled to achieve,
everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
    nothing was gained under the sun.


Ecclesiastes 12 

Remember your Creator
    in the days of your youth,
before the days of trouble come
    and the years approach when you will say,
    “I find no pleasure in them”—
 Solomon determined that the only way to be happy was to remember our Creator in our youth before foolish actions weary us in this life, before we think there cannot be a great God because of the horrible things we have seen and experienced.

Solomon learned a horrible lesson:  He could have everything and be wise in managing things, but he forgot to love and honour our God above everything we hope and dream for!

On the other hand, the beginning of wisdom is to fear the Lord.  If you talk to JESUS and ask him for wisdom to be able to do the things you would like to do then wisdom will come.  

For example, if you want to start a business here in Hong Kong.  First, pray that Jesus will give you the wisdom to do all of the paperwork to submit to the government.  Then, God will give you the wisdom to make your product, sell your product, and do the accounting so that you can pay taxes and pay your employers.

If you start by asking JESUS for wisdom then you will learn and grow to be effective in your work and business undertakings!

Pray for JESUS to help you start your business and non-profit foundations!

God Bless Your Weekend!
Pastor Ken Harley :-)
iwirehk.webs.com
kharley@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment